More specifically, RAN aims at:
Bringing together myriad of nations, cultures, universities and disciplines to discuss, organize, and publish issues on Africa’s development.Providing forum for exchange of ideas among scholars interested in Africa and development in Africa’s economies.
Applying research findings and contribution to the understanding of Africa’s development through professional seminars, conferences, public seminars etc.
Conducting a series of joint publications (books and articles etc.).
Serving as the core communication network for disseminating information and promoting international exchange in the field of management, economic and development studies.
Fostering inter-disciplinary interactions amongst senior and junior scholars through among others, joint publications.
As a virtual grouping, RAN will share knowledge and encourage its members in their research endeavours. making visible the network’s research outputs as top priority in order to benefit from them and build on them.
Developing deliberate strategies to grow in numbers so as to extend the outreach of research outputs of its members.
In order to achieve these aims, the network has a mandate to:
Develop an agenda of research topics.
Foster a broader variety of methodological approaches and research issues in members’ fields of specialization and encourage cross fertilization between approaches.Support young researchers in the network and promote the development of high-level international teaching and research network.
Provide publication outlets for high quality research.
Provide a forum for research presentations.
- None of us is greater than all of us.
- I am because we are; I can only be a person through others.
- Each of us needs all of us.
- An injury to one is an injury to all of us.
- Mutual respect is important because my humanity is bound up with yours.
- The whole affects the part as much as the part a
- fects the whole.
As a result of our guiding philosophy we will;
- Be open and honest.
- Manage agreements.
- Maintain a supportive environment.
- Be self-monitoring.
- Hold a proper attitude for learning. (We believe no man or woman has monopoly of knowledge and wisdom. We are all specialists in some areas, generalists in others and very ignorant in yet other areas. We are therefore prepared to learn from any individual or situation).
- Maintain a 1% possibility i.e. even if I think I am almost 100 % sure I am right on this view, issue etc. I give myself 1 % possibility I could be wrong and therefore I am prepared to listen to the other viewpoints from my colleague/s and other interested parties.
- Listen in order to be listened to.
- Work as a team.
- Avoid unhealthy competition but engage in fruitful cooperation.
- Avoid jumping to conclusions without hearing all the facts.
- Avoid assumptions but get the facts.
- Build on each other’s ideas.
- Strive for fairness and excellence.
- Do what we promised we will do and therefore build our integrity.
- Be faithful to our promises.
- Ask if unclear and seek help if we need it.